To correctly bond two materials together with the contractor often needs to create a mechanical profile for second applied material to adhere to the first. Shotblasting is principally used to roughen horizontal surfaces in preparation for the application of sealers, coatings or polymer overlays. This method is also used to remove some existing coatings, adhesives, and surface contaminants and is suitable for both interior and exterior applications.
- Profile – ICRI CSP 2-8 (International Concrete Repair Institute)
- Purpose – Cleaning and Profiling concrete surfaces
- Environmental Factors – Produces very little airborne dust or contamination
- Recommended by all epoxy and coating manufacturers
- A must for vapor barrier applications
- Can be used for some non-slip applications
The process must be affordable and quickly completed. Our team will be there to be certain you remain on time and on budget.